Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wind-up bird completed

I finished The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami this morning before heading to work. These are the kind of books that linger long after you've finished reading, the 253,878 words ended too quickly. I won't attempt to provide an overview of the book, there are plenty out there that do a good job, including one linked below, and I won't do the book justice trying to summarize.

This puts me just over 50% of my goal of reading 6,000 pages for pleasure this year. I'm 40 pages more than this time last year, but no fear, I read more the last quarter of the year then any other time. Theres still hope of hitting the mark.

Interestingly, at least to me, is I haven't decided what to read next. I prefer to let the Wind-up Bird sink in some more before moving on with new characters. It's not often I take a pause before cracking the spine of another novel, but this seems like the right thing to do.

I'll be adding more Murakami to my "to be read" list. Thanks to craque for the suggestion.

A change management perspective on the book: Holger Nauheimer's blog

No comments: